Corned Beef Hash
This is a simple corned beef hash recipe, easy to cook, especially if it’s been one of those days or the weather is aweful.
- 500 g – Potatoes
- 300 g – Grated.Chedder Cheese
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Tin – Corned Beef
- 1 tablespoon – Butter / Margarine
- 20 ml Milk
- Salt and Black Pepper
Preperation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
Total: 1 hour
1. Peel and chop potatoes into medium sizes, you can cut them smaller but this will change the cooking time. Chop the onion into small pieces and put potaotes and onions into a boiling pan of water, add a pinch of salt and leave to cook until the potatoes are soft.
2. Open the Corned Beef and cut into cubes, ideally don’t have the corned beef in the fridge beforehand, as it makes it a little harder to mash.
3. Grate the cheese and place in a bowl until later.
4. Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, drain all the water from them and put the potatoes and onions back into the pan. Mash the potatoes and onions up, add a pinch of pepper, add the butter / mararine and mash until most of the lumps have gone.
Once at this stage, add the milk and mix until it is all combined. For an extra nice touch, add some cheese at this stage, BUT make sure you have enough to cover the top.
Now add the corned beef and mash up, the pan will be full but mix it until all the corned beef has mixed through the mash and it looks nice.
5. Now put the mixture into an oven proof dish, spread out evenly, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and put into a pre-heated over (180-200 degrees centigrade) for 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and golden.
6. Serve and enjoy you beautiful corned beef hash. If you wanted to add garlic break or a side salad, then go ahead.
Let me know what you think of the corned beef hash recipe, if you made any changes and any pictures of your creations, please share!!
Thank you for reading and please remember you can always follow my blog via email to receive up to date posts and maybe find something to like. Check out my all about me page for information on sponsored posts!