Skincare is something I’m really trying to focus on at the moment. I see hundreds of people all on social media asking for the best skin care products to use but one thing I’ve found, it’s mostly targeted towards women, which makes no sense because men can have nice skin as well and some of us have to work for it. You might know that men’s skin can get very rough so we have to go that extra mile to make sure we have great skin.
I’m going to be covering men’s skincare in this post, we’re going to talk about natural ways you can get better skin and then some products you can use to give you an advantage, because let’s face it, these days we all need an advantage. I’m going to talk about some of the best face wash for men and the best moisturiser for men as well.
I think it’s important to talk about the natural ways you can get great skin and the natural skincare that you can easily do yourself and most of the time it’s either free or it’s going to cost you hardly anything. Who doesn’t like free skincare tips? If you’re looking for better skin, take a look at my post; tips to get a better complexion.
Easy Skin Care Tips
There are of course easy ways that you can keep your skin clear and practice great skincare. Of course, we aren’t going to do them all because let’s face it, nobody has the time and in my opinion, it can be better to use great products and cut out some of the tips below. I mean, who has the time and money to see a dermatologist these days?
That being said, take a look at some of the easy skincare tips below and see if you could possibly start to introduce them into your daily routine. Eating healthy and drinking lots of water does great for your skin and also your health. I know it’s worked well on my skin and my waistline. Men’s skincare can be annoying and time consuming but it can have more benefits in the long run so keep that in mind when you read the skincare tips below.
- Cleanse your face twice a day. This will remove dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin, which can clog pores and lead to acne. Use a gentle cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Moisturise your skin every day. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out. Choose a moisturiser that is lightweight and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
- Wear sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage your skin and lead to premature ageing, wrinkles, and skin cancer. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply it every two hours, or more often if you are sweating or swimming.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. This will remove dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin. Use a gentle exfoliator that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Avoid picking at your skin. This can irritate your skin and lead to breakouts. If you have a pimple, try to leave it alone and let it heal on its own.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. This will help to keep your skin looking its best from the inside out.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for skin health. When you don’t get enough sleep, your body produces more stress hormones, which can damage your skin.
- See a dermatologist for regular skin checks. A dermatologist can help you to identify any skin problems early on and recommend treatment options.
Key Differences Between Men’s And Women’s Skincare
Of course, men and women aren’t the same when it comes to skincare and that’s the same for men’s skincare products. Whenever you go shopping you’ll see that most of the products are targeted at women because they’re more than likely going to be the ones shopping for the products. Times are changing though and more men are stepping forward and looking after their skin.
There are some key differences between men’s and women’s skincare. These differences are due to the following factors:
- Hormones: Men and women have different levels of hormones, which can affect the way their skin looks and feels. For example, men tend to have more testosterone than women, which can lead to oilier skin and more acne.
- Skin thickness: Men’s skin is generally thicker than women’s skin. This is due to the fact that men have more collagen in their skin. Collagen is a protein that helps to keep skin looking young and firm.
- Hair follicles: Men have more hair follicles on their faces than women. This can lead to ingrown hairs and razor burns.
Based on these factors, men’s skincare products tend to be formulated with ingredients that are designed to:
- Control oil production: Men’s skincare products often contain ingredients that help to control oil production, such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
- Fight acne: Men’s skincare products often contain ingredients that help to fight acne, such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
- Shave: Men’s skincare products often contain ingredients that help to soothe and protect the skin after shavings, such as aloe vera and shea butter.
It is important to note that not all men have the same skin type. Some men have dry skin, while others have oily skin. It is important to choose skincare products that are appropriate for your individual skin type. The products that I show in this post are the products that work well for me, which doesn’t mean they’ll work for everyone but it’s worth giving them a try.
Men’s Skin Care Products I Use
I use several products for my skin and hair and I’d like to think that the best skin care products for men are no longer a multi-use body wash that also cleans your hair, teeth and the whole bathroom! I like using my specialised products as not only does it make me feel special but I can see the difference they make and that’s always nice to see.
I’m sure most men don’t take forever in the shower, I know I’m always pressed for time and don’t want to be using 50 products in there. Gone are the days when you have to use Head and Shoulders or your 5-in-one body wash and shampoo products. If you’re looking for the best men’s hair care products for men this shampoo and half conditioner should be something you take a look at.
I’ve been using it for a while now and I can easily say it’s something I will be getting more of as it does wonders for my hair and saves me from buying expensive shampoo and conditioner. I dye my hair a lot so I need to pay up on what I put on my hair to keep it feeling soft and smooth and not like I have straw on my head. These Nanogen products are great and they have loads of different men’s skin care products on their website so go and take a look but I can’t rave about this shampoo and half conditioner enough and it’s so time saving as well.
I am in love with this travel set. I’m off to Florida soon and it’s already packed in my bag and I can’t wait to get a new set when I go to Rome next year. The set comes with a nice bag as well so it keeps everything in one place. It’s a travel set, ignore where it says sample on the packaging because there’s everything you’ll need in there for two week holiday, you’re not going to use everything up on the first day that’s for sure!
One of the products I love in this set is the foot balm. I am forever walking on my holidays, literally miles per day and this just repairs my feet so I’m ready for the next day. I also get super dry hands and can’t use a lot of hand creams due to reactions. The hand balm in this set is great for my sensitive skin and works wonders. If you have sensitive skin like mine, you should totally get this set and care for your skin.
One of the main things I love about RINGANA is that they’re a vegan company, they care about the planet and they care about not testing their products on animals, unlike a lot of companies out there that still use outdated methods. You know you’re getting an eco-friendly and ethical product when you buy from RINGANA.
I am wild for WILD! I use WILD all the time now and I’ve never looked back. I’m no longer buying plastic roll-on deodorants that only get thrown in the bin when they’re done and quite frankly do more damage to my skin and the planet. WILD reduces their plastic waste as much as possible, you get a case and you don’t have to keep replacing it, even if they have some amazing designs. I have the rainbow edition WILD case, and my husband has a dark blue case and we both love them.
They have so many scents and most of the WILD scents are perfect for sensitive skin and it lasts for ages, you won’t need to worry about your pits smelling if you use WILD. They have loads of scents and even some limited edition scents now and again, like the chocolate fondue scent they have out at the moment which I LOVE! If you’re a new customer you can get 20% off your purchase by using the code LOUIS22 so make sure you use that and save money on WILD with the WILD discount code!
What Is A Good Men’s Skin Care Routine
I’ve done a little easy men’s skin care routine below that saves time and money. I would, however, say that if you have sensitive skin, oily skin or stubborn skin prone to acne you will need to use specialised skin care products and do more than the routine below. I guess we can’t all be blessed with amazing skin. One easy way to keep your skin clear is to drink loads of water because fizzy drinks or alcohol will make your skin worse.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Apply a moisturiser with SPF, especially after shaving.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Apply an exfoliator once or twice a week.
- Apply a moisturiser.
This is just a basic skincare routine, and you may need to adjust it based on your individual skin type and needs. Men, you need to remember that washing your face quickly without any product while you’re in the shower just isn’t doing it and you need to take a little bit of time to ensure you have amazing, clear and soft skin. I hope these best men’s skin care UK tips have helped and I hope at the bare minimum you can follow this easy men’s skincare routine.
Should Guys Do Skin Care?
I get this question a lot when I’m talking about skin care on my Instagram. I have people asking me why I bother with my skin because women’s skin is worse. The men’s skincare industry is worth billions, so why shouldn’t men do skincare? We all deserve great skin at the end of the day and ignoring your skin and not using any products isn’t going to help with that.
Is Men’s Skin Care Different To Women’s Skin Care?
Yes, men’s skin care is different to women’s skin care. Men’s skin is generally thicker and oilier than women’s skin, and it is more prone to acne and ingrown hairs. Men’s skin care products are typically designed to address these specific concerns. For example, men’s cleansers are often formulated with ingredients that help to control oil production, and men’s moisturizers are often designed to be non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
I used to use women’s skin care products and how wrong I was to do that, it didn’t do much for my skin and I always find that women’s skin care products as so much more expensive than men’s and that’s just not fair! Also, I’d like to point out that men’s skincare products are great for Christmas gifts.
Men’s Skin Care For Oily Skin Tips
I have terrible oily skin, mainly on my nose and I’ve used loads of products before and they just don’t seem to work. That being said I love using this blackhead remover mask, it helps a little, targets the pores on your nose and it’s fun to peel off. Take a look at some ways you can reduce the oily skin that’s making your face break out in acne or just not look as good.
Here are some tips for men’s skin care for oily skin:
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Use a non-comedogenic moisturiser to hydrate your skin without clogging pores.
- Avoid using harsh products or scrubbing your skin too hard, as this can irritate your skin and make it produce more oil.
- See a dermatologist if you have any concerns about your skin.
I would like to say that having oily skin isn’t always a bad thing for men. It’s more about maintaining the skin and knowing how to work with it. Take a look at some of the points before for oily skin and hopefully, you’ll be able to make your own assessments.
Here are some of the pros and cons of men’s oily skin:
- Oily skin can help to protect the skin from the elements, such as wind, sun, and cold.
- Oily skin can help to keep the skin hydrated.
- Oily skin can make the skin look more youthful and radiant.
- Oily skin can be more prone to acne and other skin problems.
- Oily skin can make the skin feel greasy and uncomfortable.
- Oily skin can be more difficult to keep clean.
Some Men’s Skin Care Products
I love shopping and I get quite a few products on Amazon. Take a look at the links below to see if there’s anything you can include in your routine. The links below are affiliate links which means I earn a really small commission from what you buy, at no extra cost to you. It helps keep me motivated and be able to afford new fun products that I can talk about to my readers like you.
Men’s Skincare UK
I hope this men’s skincare post helped. There are loads of men’s skin care tips, information and some of the best men’s skin care products (that I use) in this post. If you use anything different to what I use please do let me know and I’ll be sure to give them a try and possibly add them to this post if I like them. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends or family members who might need help with their skin. Don’t forget. If you have any tips on how you care for your skin, let me know!
If you want to find more amazing skin care products, take a look at the skin care reviews on Reviewers United where the community give their own thoughts on products.